|Kittitas County Field & Stream
|"Working today for tomorrow's wildlife"
1. Treat every firearm as if it were loaded. Always keep the muzzle pointed in a
2. Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire. Use your safety....but
remember safeties sometimes fail.
3. Be sure of your target and what lies beyond it before firing.
4. Never place or carry a loaded firearm in or on a motor vehicle.
5. Never use a firearm unless you are familiar with how it works. If you need
an owner's manual for your firearm write to the firearm manufacturer. Make
sure you receive training and / or read the owners manual before handling any
new firearm. Do not handle a firearm without the owners permission.
6. Be sure the barrel and action are free of obstruction.
7. Never cross a fence, climb a tree, cross a stream, or jump a ditch with a
8. Never point a firearm at anything you do not want to shoot. Never shoot at a
flat hard surface or water.
9. Unload firearms when they are not in use. Store firearms and
10. Never use alcohol or drugs before or during shooting.